Wednesday 6 April 2011

Stranger

Been to college in the morning, just to know that there was a mass bunk. Returned home. Silence on the streets. In the evening, went to the park for basketball. No crowds as usual. Went to the mosque. Empty. Not even the old men who would chat outside. Seats vacant. coffee shops empty, otherwise thriving with youngsters. I was served dinner alone in the hotel. Even the cooks vanished. On return to the room,met my neighbor's little son, and he asked me "whats the score? whom do u support? India or Pakistan?"

what score? whose score? and whose support? Said to myself. "Sorry, I don't know.I don't watch cricket!", i told him. And he left with a sigh.

For long, i was feeling that I wasn't being like others. I was being asked the same question many times today. And I replied with the same answer. And i got the same reaction. An Alim comes to teach my neighbor's kids Quran and hadees. While I was leaving for Isha, he along with my owner, who used to be in the mosque even before Adan, was still in front of TV. I don't understand, what makes people blind.I feel strange how people take this on their head. May be because, we've found something more important than our Deen and someone more lovable than our prophet.

Do I look like a "stranger" when I say this open?

Then for that I say 'Alhamdulillah'. Because prophet (s) told his sahaba one day: " Islam appeared as something strange, and It'll return as Strange!".

 Dear Reader, I am looking for strangers.Are you one?

3 comments:

  1. a lot of people did asked me whom do you support? I told them "cricket is a waste of time" verbally they replied but there gestures told me that they feel that I'm from Mars. When india won the world cup even muslims from my locality where playing with colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamoalaikum, brother:

    You are not alone!

    Yes, there "ARE" many strangers in this world (including former cricket passionate fans) who with Allah's will found guidance in their deen and stopped wasting time in watching tv/sports.

    I firmly believe, its productive to spend time in voluntary activities (as people's suffering doesn't stop - WorldCup or no WorldCup). There is always ample opportunity to be constructive & productive "AT ALL TIMES", even if working alone. May we all be guided by God for this unfortunate absence of vision for our priorities in deen/duniya.

    I am curious to know the reference of the book from where you've quoted the hadith. Do let me know.

    Wassalam,
    sister in faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa alaikunussalam Sister Sabash. I appreciate for your wholehearted feedback. These little comments are my profit in this world.

    I will surely search out for the reference of the Hadith and would let you know insha allah. I would also like to have this comment posted on my new blog: http://newmuslimkerala.wordpress.com actually i have relocated it there for more convenience.

    Thank you again.
    Jazakallahu Khair

    ReplyDelete